Tuesday 11 May 2010

I love You Lord Jesus, Nothing Compares to You - Howard Higashi Hymn

I enjoy the way the hymn writer describe why he does he love the Lord. He describes the Lord as "the most Precious One", "no other one compares to You". I was really touched by the words "most" and "compare" - "most" is actually the highest description for the things that are compared one to another(not just "more", but "most"), and to compare means to put two or more things all together and see which one is better. When the hymn writer says no other one 'compare' to You this means that he had tried lots of things before. And the conclusion is "No one compares to You" - we really need this kind of experience and growth until we realize and find out that no one actually compares to our Lord Jesus Christ! Sometimes, I myself actually still have someone/some other things on my mind that compete to the lord. While listening to this hymn, it is just like the Lord wants to reveal Himself to me so that I would love Him more -I don't love Him enough, I don't have the right and highest "taste" about Him yet. Lord Jesus, I want to love You more!
I love You, Lord Jesus!
I love You, Lord, precious One!
No other one compares to You!
I love You, Lord Jesus!
I love You, Lord, precious One!
No other one compares to You!
Jesus, Lord Jesus,
Dear Lord, most lovely One,
Nothing compares to You!
Amen, Lord Jesus, I love You! [by bro. Howser]

No comments:

Post a Comment