- no longer poor, captives, or oppressed – we are now in the jubilee, released and returned to God! Without God, man has no hope. No matter how many things he owns, how smart he is, what his achievements are – man in the world without God has no hope! This is because man was designed and created by God in a specific way – man is satisfied and filled with hope when he is filled with God! Due to man’s fall, every human being that is being born is born in sin – under the authority of Satan and a slave of sin. But when the Lord has mercy on us and we hear the Word of God, we can repent and turn to Him – and be released from Satan’s captivity and the sin’s slavery!
- human life at its best is filled with labor; BE SAVED from any human labor by enjoying Christ! Today we are in the age of the jubilee – the age of grace – which means that we should have no worry or anxiety, no concern or care, no lack or shortage, no sickness or calamity, and no problems whatsoever, but rather we have all benefits! In the jubilee, all things are for our satisfaction...
- If God in Christ is everything we need, why some Christians are still unhappy or joyless? This is a very good question. As believers in Christ, we know from the Bible that when we repented and believed in the Lord, Christ became our allotted portion with the saints in the light(Col. 1:12), and God gave Christ to us as the fattened calf(Luke 15) for us to enjoy. We were redeemed, we were returned to our rightful possession – God is our inheritance – and we returned to God as our everything. God is our inheritance, and after we were saved, the Spirit of God is in us as the pledge, the guarantee, the proof, and the security of our inheritance(Eph. 1:13-14).
- vanity of vanity, all is vanity and chasing after the wind if we’re not filled with God as our content! When you pray over the Word of God, the light shines! The Bible clearly says that, All Scripture is God-breathed… (2 Tim. 3:16)- and this means that every word in the Bible is the breath of God which can become life to us when we take it in by means of all prayer and petition(Eph. 6:17-18).
- in the age of the jubilee we are in the age of ecstasy – we are besides ourselves enjoying the Lord! God intends to be man’s pleasure, man’s possession, and man’s inheritance – this is why He presented Himself to man in the beginning as the tree of life! But because man has lost his inheritance(which is God Himself) and his family(which is the Triune God and the family of God), man needs to be recovered, restored, and returned to his inheritance!
Thursday, 19 May 2011
We recently went through this topic, Living and Proclaiming the Jubilee of Grace - and below are some portions of enjoyment related to this topic: